Should God Judge People for Worshiping Other Gods? [The Hero of the Story]
Is God right to judge those who worship other gods? That’s the question we’re discussing as we look at 2 Kings 17 today on The Hero of the Story. Listen in as we discuss:
- What it meant that Hoshea was evil, but not like the kings who preceded him?
- Our (humanity’s) perceived conflict between God’s love and God’s judgment
- What this passage calls us to focus on in our own lives
- How this moment in Israel’s history points us to Jesus
- Advice for walking through this passage with others
If you are studying along with The Gospel Project at your church, this passage is studied in Unit 14, Session 3, “An Idolatrous People Receive Judgment” (Adults and Students), and “Israel Taken Captive” (Preschool and Kids).
About The Podcast
The Hero of the Story helps you focus on the gospel in every area of your life and ministry by exploring the big story of Scripture and big truths of the Christian Faith. If you enjoy this episode, please leave a sincere 5-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts, or whatever platform you use to listen to podcasts.