Responding to Backsliding [The Hero of the Story]
What happens after you’ve done what God’s compelled you to do? That’s the question we’re discussing as we look at the second half of the book of Nehemiah on The Hero of the Story. Listen in as we discuss:
- Why the Levites needed to explain the Law to the returned Jews
- How we should understand Nehemiah’s anger at the Jews apparent backsliding
- What we should make of Nehemiah’s plea that God would remember him and what he had done
- How these events point us to Jesus
- Our guidance for discipling others
If you are studying along with The Gospel Project at your church, this passage is studied in Unit 18, Session 3, “God Revives His People Through a Scribe” (Adults and Students), and “God’s People Repented” (Preschool and Kids).
About The Podcast
The Hero of the Story helps you focus on the gospel in every area of your life and ministry by exploring the big story of Scripture and big truths of the Christian Faith. If you enjoy this episode, please leave a sincere 5-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts, or whatever platform you use to listen to podcasts.