How To Get The Most Out Of #TGP15
On Monday, May 11, thousands of people will gather online for Gospel. Life. Ministry, a free online event sponsored by The Gospel Project. This online event features 24 of the most trusted pastors and church leaders talking about how the gospel relates to areas of life and ministry.
Not only is this event well worth your time, it is absolutely free. Here are some tips for getting the most out of this online event.
Connect with us: Follow The Gospel Project on Twitter and Facebook. Also, bookmark the event hashtag #TGP15. Find and connect with each of the speakers in social media, see the full list here.
Invite others to the event: Since the event is free, and it’s online, you can invite anyone who might be interested in how the gospel applies to different areas of life or ministry. Do you have a group of friends or people in your church that might be interested? Do you have fellow ministry leaders or pastors that might benefit from the event? Send them an email with a link to the event site: live.gospelproject.com
Prepare to learn: Before you tune in, look over the list of speakers and titles, and choose a few that are directly related to your area of ministry or related to an area of your life that you would like to grow in. Since the event schedule is posted on the site, you can make sure that you block off time for directed focus during these talks.
Take good notes: Take good notes during the event. If you have a blog, consider live blogging the event and making your notes available to everyone else by posting a link using the #TGP15 hashtag.
Share notable quotes: During this event you are going to hear some really good content. Share quotes with others. Here is a sneak peek at a few of my favorite quotes from the speakers.
- The gospel rescues me from me. @PaulTripp #TGP15
- The victorious Christian life isn’t the sinless life; it’s the repentant life. @TrevinWax #TGP15
- By learning of God’s deep love for us, a deep love for God is produced in us. @JDGreear #TGP15
- The glory of God is God going public with His holiness. @johnpiper #TGP15
- As we pray for the world, God will give us His heart for the world. @plattdavid #TGP15
- We are called to share the love of Jesus to a lost world and to show the love of Jesus to a hurting world. @EdStetzer #TGP15
- We are called to be so heavenly minded that we can be of earthly good. @randyalcorn #TGP15
- The gospel reconciles us first to God and then to one another. @trillianewbell #TGP15
- Discipleship is not a ministry of your church; it is the ministry of your church. @dhati #TGP15
- The community is the place where your need for the gospel is powerfully revealed. @JeffVanderstelt #TGP15
- Jesus came to earth not to make bad people good people but to make dead people alive. @louiegiglio #TGP15
Engage with others: The official event hash tag is #TGP15. Use this hash tag in social media to connect with others and discuss the topics of each talk. The Gospel Project team and other church leaders will be live-tweeting and responding to people during the event.
Post-event engagement: As soon as the live event is over, each of the videos will be posted individually for two weeks on the site. Also, each video will have a downloadable discussion guide that you can use in your small group or team meeting. Choose a few videos that will be most useful for your group or team, and plan on watching and discussing them within the two-week period.