Why Would God Give a New Covenant? [The Hero of the Story]
Why did God need to give a new covenant? That’s the question we’re discussing today as we look at Jeremiah 31:31-40 on The Hero of the Story. Listen in as we discuss:
- The meaning of a covenant
- The difference between a covenant and a contract
- What it means for God’s law to be written on the hearts of His people
- How the new covenant makes it possible for us to pursue faithfulness to God
- How this passage points us forward to Jesus
If you are studying along with The Gospel Project at your church, this passage is studied in Unit 15, Session 3, “God Declares a New Covenant” (Adults and Students), and “Jeremiah, Prophet to Judah” (Preschool and Kids).
About The Podcast
The Hero of the Story helps you focus on the gospel in every area of your life and ministry by exploring the big story of Scripture and big truths of the Christian Faith. If you enjoy this episode, please leave a sincere 5-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts, or whatever platform you use to listen to podcasts.