New Free Tool for Teachers – The Gospel Project for Kids
Free? Yes, that’s correct! The Gospel Project for Kids team is launching a new, free tool for teachers this Fall. For each weekly Bible study session, we are providing a one-page “Session Outline.” In Fall 2014 and Winter 2014-15, this resource will be available online The Gospel Project for Kids web page. Beginning with the Spring 2015 quarter, the Enhanced CD will house the outlines. Here are they the age-goup specific outlines:
What is a “Session Outline”? It’s a one-page summary specific to each week’s session. At a glance, you’ll be able to see the Unit Title, Key Passage reference, Session Title, Bible Passage reference, Big Picture Question and Answer, and Christ Connection. Next on the page are bulleted lists of the activities organized by Small Group Opening, Large Group, and Small Group.
How am I supposed to use this new tool? Great question! Here are some suggestions:
1. Use your leader guide during the week to prepare for the session, then use the one-page “Session Outline” during the session to remind you of the biblical content, teaching aim, and Bible-learning activities.
2. Download the PDF and place it on your smartphone or tablet and refer to it throughout the session, instead of constantly referring to your leader guide.
3. Print the page and place it in your Bible for a quick reference during Large Group.
4. Make several copies of the page and place them in various areas of the room. As kids are involved in Small Group activities, you can glance at the page and use the content to reinforce the biblical content of the session or to ask the kids the Big Picture Question.
I encourage you to test drive this new teacher tool. Please let us know what you think. You may even discover other ways to use the “Session Outline” pages, and you can share those ideas here on the blog. And, if you have suggestions for making this resource better, please tell us.
May God work through you as you teach preschoolers and elementary kids the gospel!
Here are additional resources to check out:
- Family Journal Pages (on each age-group’s Enhanced CD)
- Tweets, Texts, Emails, Status Updates (on each age-group’s Enhanced CD: Parent Resouces)
- Ministry Grid Training