The Atonement and The Christian Life Blog Series
We are excited about the newest volume of The Gospel Project – The Atonement Thread. In this study, we are following the thread of atonement from the garden of Eden all the way to the garden city at the end of the Bible. From the sacrifices of the Old Testament to the blood-washed robes of white in Revelation, we see the unfolding drama of God’s redemption.
In conjunction with The Atonement Thread study we are launching a series of blog posts that examine the atonement and the Christian life.
- Christ Died for You – Sharon Miller
- Christ Promises a Life of Victory – Bob Kellemen
- Christ Motivates a Life of Love and Compassion – Trillia Newbell
- Christ Transforms Our Humility – Joe Thorn
- Christ Stimulates a Life Of Holiness – Daniel Davis
- Christ Frees You To Be You – Brad Hambrick
- Christ’s Death Was Final – Nathan Finn
- Christ Motivates a Sacrificial Life – Matt Capps
- Christ Impels a Life of Peacemaking – Ryan Showalter
- The Savior Who Suffers With Us – Trevin Wax
- Penal substitution – Brandon Smith
- Redemption – Nancy Guthrie
- Ransom – Jared Wilson
- Moral influence – Matt Capps
- Expiation – Adam Mabry
- Propitiation – Fred Sanders
- Freedom of Redemption – Bryan Loritts
- Cosmic Victory – Phillip Bethancourt
Ed Stetzer is currently running a blog series exploring The Atonement in the Old Testament.
- The Atonement in the Blood– Stephen Um
- The Atonement in the Garden of Eden – Jon Akin
- The Atonement in Abraham’s Sacrifice of Isaac – David Murray
- The Atonement in the Passover – Scot McKnight
- The Atonement in Hosea’s love for Gomer – Robert Vasholz
- The Atonement and the Scapegoat – Kenneth Matthews
- The Atonement and the Psalmist – Eric Mason
- The Atonement in Exodus – Matt Capps
- The Atonement in Isaiah – Philip Nation
The atonement, as taught in the Bible, calls to mind the unfathomable love of God to send His Son to take away our sins. The atonement proclaims the amazing grace of God to cover over our sins with the precious and perfect blood sacrifice of the Lamb of God. It’s our hope that the significance of the cross of Christ will become clearer and all the more dazzling to you as you work through this study and follow these blog posts. Whether you realize it or not, the doctrine of the atonement has very practical implications for your day to day Christian life.
You can preview a full month of The Gospel Project here. Or click on these links if you would like to purchase the Atonement Thread for adults or students.