The brand new second cycle of The Gospel Project for Kids is about to be released in the next few weeks. Get ready, we think you are going to love what you see when it arrives! We learned quite a bit from the first cycle and so we are anxious to make The Gospel Project even better than before.
Over the next several weeks we are going to walk you through the major updates and improvements for the upcoming three-year cycle of The Gospel Project for Kids. While the basic DNA is the same – walking kids through the Bible to show them Jesus – and the skeleton remains unchanged – the video supported small group / large group format – there will be several noticeable changes in store.
Here are the highlights of what is in store for you and the date we will blog about each one:
- Scope and Sequence: We will spend 18 months in the Old Testament followed by 18 months in the New Testament. As always, Christmas and Easter content will be included as well. May 6
- Biblical Artwork: The artwork is more Bible-based with a parchment background in place of the graph paper background. There will also be a brand new story circle and books of the Bible posters. May 13
- Babies & Toddlers Leader Guide: Beginning this fall, everyone in your church from babies on up will be able to study The Gospel Project together. The Babies & Toddlers leader guide will be included in the Preschool kits. May 20
- Big Story Video: This 5-minute video is designed to walk kids and leaders through the big story of the Bible to remind them of the big picture. May 27
- Preschool Videos: You will have the opportunity to meet Maegan this fall as she introduces and narrates the Preschool Bible stories and provides motions for the Preschool Key Passage Songs and Unit Theme Songs. June 3
- Activity Pages: Family discussion starters and activity ideas will be included on the Activity Pages and the Older Kids pages are getting a complete redesign June 10
- Big Picture Cards: The card sizes have changed and the Kids cards will be hole punched and come with a key ring. June 17
- Music: Beginning in Winter 2015-16, all of the Unit Theme Songs, like the Key Passage Songs, will be new productions produced specifically for The Gospel Project. There will also be one classic hymn of the faith included each quarter. June 24
- Missions: The Preschool and Kids worship kits will feature a new missions strategy that walks kids systematically around the globe. Each quarter will contain 13 videos so leaders can show a missions-based video as often as they choose. July 1
- Apps: A brand new free lite app will be available that features tools to help kids memorize the key passage each unit. The family app will still be available to purchase and will include extra games, music, and some videos. July 8
- Online Resources: We have moved some content to www.gospelproject.com and will continue to provide teacher helps, weekly kids-related blogs, and weekly leader deeper Bible studies online. July 15
As you can see, there is a lot to be excited about. We really want to help you learn what is in store so that you can best use The Gospel Project for Kids in your context. Feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or comments you have as you begin to sift through the new Gospel Project materials.
Brian Dembowczyk is the team leader for The Gospel Project for Kids. He served in local church ministry for over 16 years before coming to LifeWay in 2014. Brian earned an M.Div. from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and a D.Min. from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. Brian and his wife, Tara, and their three children – Joshua, Hannah, and Caleb – live in Murfreesboro, TN, where Brian enjoys drinking coffee and teaching 1-3 graders at City Church.