In correlation with the Winter Gospel Project adult and student study we have lined up a great series of blog posts that will encourage you to dig deeper and reflect on some of the most important topics and issues facing Christians today.
- Why is it important to have a Christian worldview? By David Dockery
- How did we get the Bible and can we trust it? By Darrell Bock
- What is unique about Christianity among the world religions? By Jonathan Dodson
- What is the importance covenant marriage? By Tim Keller
- Isn’t Christianity intolerant? By Paul Copan
- What is our problem with hell? By Matt Capps
- How should we treat challenges to the Christian faith? By Gary Habermas
- Why is creation care important? By Russell Moore
- If God is good, why is there suffering? By Jeremy Evans
- What does the Bible teach about sex? By Clayton King
- Why does the resurrection really matter? By N. T. Wright
- Does life have meaning apart from God? By Andy Mclean
- How does one develop a Christian mind? By J. P. Moreland
- Is the unity of the Bible is evidence that it is God’s Word? By Adrian Rogers
Worldviews matter because people matter. If it’s true that all Christians are called to be on mission for Christ’s kingdom, then we can’t afford to ignore what our friends and neighbors think about the world. We are called to listen both to God’s Word and the people in God’s world, treating everyone with dignity and respect as we plead with people to repent of sin and trust in Christ.
A Christian perspective of the world is vitally important for Christians and non-Christians alike. We need a Christian worldview so we will be grounded in the foundational beliefs that undergird our identity as Christ’s followers. We need to know what we believe and why we believe it’s true. Likewise, we need to understand and be equipped to respond to the big questions people have and to engage in the big debates of our society.
In the Winter 2013-2014 volume of The Gospel Project, we hope to provide Students and Adults with a biblical perspective on our world. In the Winter study we will not only cover foundational concepts for a biblical worldview but also address some of the big questions skeptics (and some Christians!) have about our faith. Our prayer for the The Gospel Project is that our studies will make participants gospel grounded missionaries—firm in the faith and gracious in your witness.