One question I get asked quite frequently is, “How can I help parents connect with their kids while teaching The Gospel Project for Kids?” Here are a few ways:
The Big Picture Cards for Families
- Separate sets for preschoolers and kids.
- Each pack has 15 3-by-4-inch cards printed on sturdy paper and coated to make them last.
- The front of the card has the Bible story art that kids would have seen during The Gospel Project session that day.
- Includes the Scripture reference so boys and girls will be able to find that story again in their own Bibles.
- The back of the card has The Big Picture Question and The Big Picture Answer that the kids learned that week.
- Also included on the card is the Christ Connection that helps connect that story to Christ.
- Parents can use the cards with their kids to help reinforce the weekly sessions Big Picture Question and Answer and Christ Connection as instructed on the cards.
- Send these card sets home at the beginning of the quarter, giving them to the parents yourself, and customizing them with your church’s information.
- On the Enhanced CD included in the print kits, or in the digital download, we have provided a template for you called “Avery Label.”
- This file is a customizable file that includes The Gospel Project for Kids logo and gives you a place to enter your church’s information or add any content you would like.
- Print the document using Avery label # 5163 and peel the labels to affix directly to the card packaging thus customizing these for your church.
Other Parent Resources
- Another option is a file of “Parent Resources” you will find on your Enhanced CD or in your downloaded materials.
- These parent resources consist of pre typed emails, social media status updates, text messages, and tweets.
- Cut and paste these from the document, edit them as applicable for your situation, and send them out.
- Another option are the “Family Journal Pages.”
- One journal page each week with a simple devotional idea that parents can complete with their kids.
- Print the file and give it to the parents each week, or just email the file directly to the parents to use at home.
Connecting with parents is easy and simple using The Gospel Project parent resources.