We’re going to take some time and help answer some of the questions we’ve been hearing about the new resources. One question that we’ve heard many times is about the second hour of worship resources for The Gospel Project for Kids.
The Gospel Project for Kids provides a full second hour of worship content in both the preschool plan and the kids plan. Here are some facts about the worship plans:
- includes theme decorating suggestions, each unit of study is a separate stand alone theme
- 60 minutes of activity ideas
- additional activity suggestions you won’t find in the Bible Study plan
- same Bible story content
- preschool plan has both large group and small group elements
- kids plan designed to be one large group but could be flexible
- giving opportunities
- four songs per unit with fun videos–that’s 12 preschool worship songs and 12 kids worship songs per quarter
- adds mission stories and sometimes mission videos to generate awareness of missions around the world
When Can I Use It?
If your church does a second hour of kids worship after Bible study and you desire to continue the learning throughout, this plan is for you. The worship experience however does not have to follow up the Bible study plan. Do you have an extra hour a week that you need to fill and you don’t have kids worship? maybe Sunday night? Tuesday afternoon? Wednesday? Small groups during the week? You can plug this plan in during that hour and reinforce the learning the kids had during Bible study. This worship resource gives you the flexibility to teach and reinforce on your timetable and still drive home the truths of God’s Word.